August 20, 2010

Between Helvetica, Arial

Helvetica
As we know, the fonts Helvetica and Arial is a sans-serif type fonts which are very popular. Both have very similar form of character even considered the same.

However, Helvetica and Arial are different types. Helvetica was designed by Max Miedinger in 1957,Helvetica means Swiss (in Latin), while Arial created in 1982 by Robin Nicholas and Patricia Saunders.

you can see the difference in detail from the image below:

Helvetica

Maybe the difference doesn't matter. But for those who like to go into detail wouldn't make a mistake by writing "I Love Helvetica" Using Arial.

helvetica

Got something to add? :)

Share This Post

Stay Update

Fresh inspiration delivered right to your inbox

7 Comments

This two is my favorites font.
I'm using arial in my blog but mostly use helvetica for a book design.
Anyway,this post make more clear with the details.
Thanks Yesta:)

Reply

LOL Is that a real example you found somewhere? "I <3 Helvetica"? What a great catch!

Reply

@Fazrul: same here, I use helvetica for a book- layout too. just love that stylish and clean font.

Reply

@KimberlyRobertsDesign: lol yes. You gotta prove it sometimes, try to google "I <3 Helvetica" :D

Reply

wow! nice example"I <3 Helvetica"

Reply

@Fazrul: same here, I use helvetica for a book- layout too. just love that stylish and clean font.

Reply