April 23, 2013

Top 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date a Graphic Designer

Top 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date a Graphic Designer
Graphic design is a profession that is common and pretty much occupied. Graphic designers are scattered everywhere. Perhaps, for some day you will eventually meet with one of them, then there will be an interaction, and finally. Fall in love! Ok, before it's too late, it might be worthwhile to read this article. Here is a list of why you should not be dating a graphic designer.

Reasons why you Shouldn't date a Graphic Designer


why you Shouldn't date a Graphic Designer
image credit

They Are Strange


Graphic designers tend to be complicated both in thinking and acting. They prefer to analyze the texture and pattern on the cafe table better than having to hear you talk. They remember more about the release date of the latest Adobe Photoshop instead of your birthday.

They Have Different Definitions About "Dating"


For them, dating means two things: "Brainstorming" and "Client Meeting". It sounds predictable and both are very boring! And worse they will analyze your chats by layer.

They Don't Have Much Time


I mean they do not have much time for anything other than graphic design. They will leave their desktop just because of two things: sleepy or hungry. Even, if they successfully taken out, they will most likely bring a notebook and pencil to doodle. And in the end you will feel as though you are doing everything by yourself.

Big Spender!


Of course, it’s not just any shopping, but all the super geek stuff. Like maybe a graphic tablet, which one-day would you use to chop onions? They prefer to spend the money to buy a font rather than buy you a birthday present. Oh God, what a geek!

They Love to Criticize


Graphic designers often criticized about everything, and. um. You will most likely be forced to agree and come to criticize. Everything that contains visual elements will be criticized, from a menu design in a cafe, billboard designs, logos found on the street, up to the color combinations the clothes you wear. You'll also get some lectures about "color psychology".

So you still want to date a Graphic Designer?

Share This Post

Stay Update

Fresh inspiration delivered right to your inbox

5 Comments

OMG I'm a graphic designer and I'll admit to being guilty of: being strange, my definition of dating is still dating but yes I have meetings with clients and potential clients (they don't go the same as a date does), I work a lot because I'm passionate about what I do, for me design is not a job it's a privilege, I obviously spend on my work tools which yes are a tablet for drawing and all my geeky needs, but hell that's what I work for, for getting the stuff I want, some girls spend $200 dollars on a pair of shoes I spend $200 on a tablet so what! And since I like quality my boyfriend's gifts are the top, not to mention when I take him out to eat... And although I love to criticize the font used on the menu of the restaurant, at least I'm not criticizing the stuff someone is wearing or all up on someones personal choices... All in all whomever I dated has had a very different approach on dating afterwards, and if all the above mention bothers you then it's just that your tolerance for strange is not high (and that's ok), but ohhhhh what a wonderful strange trip you'll have if you go down the rabbit hole, dating a graphic designer may not be easy, but it will sure be different, exciting, full of colors and art, and new things, if you can appreciate those things then you are set.

Reply

The last one its totally true! hahahahaha ;D

Reply

I can't stand seeing typos on professional work! Also, there's a diner that opened up in town near my in-laws and the sign says "(Name) Restaurant Diner" I forget the name, but Restaurant Diner? Which one is it? It drives me nuts lol.

Reply

Being a graphic designer, I would like to thanks for this precious blog post good work keep it up..!

Reply

so its not just me......

Reply