May 14, 2011

Semiotic Quiz: Visual sensibility Test

Semiotic Quiz: Visual sensibility Test
Semiotics is something usually found by the principals of graphic design. Understanding semiotics is a way to train our visual sensibility where all the signs and symbols can be found around.

Semiotic theory


In semiotic theory, all the simplicity of form and color will create a more specific meaning when combined with other simplicity. By practicing to understand semiotics, visual sensitivity will be more mature so that the aesthetic value of the designers can be more elevated at the same time will further explore the concept of thinking in analyzing and solving problems.

Semiotic Quiz
is a casual game that I created as a visual sensitivity refreshment facilities, this quiz is not an absolute measure of your ability, do it with ease without the expense.

Semiotic Quiz


Now we begin by combining 2-3 boxes, these boxes here have blending colors that create a meaning or a specific trait. For example, a combination of moss green and black color gives a visual impression of Starbucks. This time we focus all of the answer, the name of a brand of food or beverage product,except one last guess.

semiotics in graphic design

The Answers


now, let's see the answers

semiotics in graphic design

semiotics in graphic design

semiotics in graphic design

semiotics in graphic design

This is the most difficult and unpredictable. A Little off the track -maybe :D

semiotics in graphic design

Share This Post

Stay Update

Fresh inspiration delivered right to your inbox

9 Comments

I guessed the first three but the last I didn't. It's so awesome to guess a product after you see some colors.

Reply

nice quiz! i didn't guess the last one And McDonald was so obvious! It is realy incredible colors mean so much. Try with some common internet symbols like google or delicious....not only food ;)

Reply

12/31/2011
I got the frist few but was alittle unsure about Mc Donalds and the ice cream. Thanks for the quiz its cool:)

Reply

I though Walmart for the Oreo one and i got McDonalds. I had no clue for the others. very cool!

Reply

This was a great idea, but I didn't get any of them correct.

Reply

I caught the last two, but after seeing the answers, I'm like... DUH... lol. Awesome concept, although I think Coca-Cola's would have been easier to guess w/ a red&while scheme. :)

Reply

Wow, i got the first two and the last one. guess you can figure out where I spend time.

Reply

I started to think Walmart too but, realized it would be blue and white. I then thought about the fact that these were food-ish items and rejected it as a possibility. The coca-cola should have been red and white or, the Oreo should have been black and white: Consistency in methodology assists in accurate interpreting.
I did get McD's - I don't think anyone would have missed that one.

Reply

I only was able to identify the Neapolitan color and was surprised that I got it right. The colors before that I was unable to associate them with anything. I guess it could be because i spend all my time studying my textbooks.

Reply